Thursday, April 29, 2010

Routinely out of schedule

There's a popular book for business people operating in the Middle East called, "Don't They Know It's Friday?", which addresses the confusion over scheduling snafus resulting from Eastern v Western schedules. Friday is holy day in many Muslim countries and, therefore, not a working day. Our weeks generally operated on a Sunday-Thursday schedule and our neighbors in Oman were mostly Saturday-Wednesday (I think). Back home in the states, a typical work week is...

dependent, I guess, on what you do. I've always worked jobs that are structured on the Monday - Friday, but required a bit more than that - as Jacob's job right now does. Bless than man's hardworking heart, he is killing it every day except Sunday and a couple of hours on Monday. And not just 9-5. Oh, no. He is out the door most mornings at 8 and comes back in 12 hours later, if we're lucky.

So I'm routinely out of schedule. Even when I spend a couple of hours every day slacking off or exploring or daydreaming or reading, I'm still left with plenty of time to get my work done and still miss the man. What's a girl to do? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just super appreciative of everything he's doing and hopefully expressing just how proud I am of all his hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment