Thursday, April 22, 2010

Giant Eagle to the rescue

I've shopped in lot of different places in my time. I always enjoy open air markets, and then there are the places like a true butcher shop or "chicken guy," who kept live chickens inside his store and slaughtered them in front of you. I've done the mini mart for essentials, supermarkets (American, French, Moroccan) and boutique gourmet shops. 

What I had never done, before today, was "Giant Eagle." Yes, that is the name of the leading supermarket up here. GIANT EAGLE. What?!


But it's true. And sort of glorious.


On a side note, today was the first time I've been grocery shopping for us in FOUR MONTHS! That's what you get, kids, when you live with family for months on end: spoiled. Which, is a clue to what's coming tomorrow here on thehardyheyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment