Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Glee!

Back in the Emirates, when I just didn't have that much to do with myself, I started watching Glee. Partly because I was bored, partly because, ok: I was in show choir in High School.

I mean, we didn't get slushies in the face, but it was a prospect that mixed misery with glory (ha, that's the ol drama queen coming out, thanks Rachel Berry*). Really, though, I totally loved my days with the Debtones and Sound System at CG, and I love that my first day of college, I met one of my now-best girlfriends and we bonded over our mutual participation in the costume-changing song-and-dance wannabe variety broadway show indulgences of a glee-like existence.

If you haven't seen the show, I'd definitely recommend it. The stereotypes are all there and the singing is great. It's a midwest romp and, yes, the name of the group is New Directions (think about it...sound it out), and we actually had one of those in my contest circuit. Plus, next week is Sue Sylvester's Vogue.

Strike a pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment