Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On the Road Again (FAQ Version)

Nope, this isn't any tease, this is for reals. I said the next time I posted FAQ would be when we had news and...we do. Have news (No, not that news - sorry moms). We're hitting the road again for a new (temporary) home.


Starting next week, Jacob will be working in Cleveland, OH for his summer internship. So, we MBA-pursuing-Arabic-learning-formerly-yuppie-now-fully-hippie (hobos?) will pack up once more and head toward the next phase in this crazy life.

THUS, the FAQs:

What is this internship?
Jacob will be working with a company that specializes in residential roofing restoration and he'll be doing part time sales with them to learn the company and, in a short while, will structure and open the commercial side of their business.

Really? Cleveland?
Yeah, really Cleveland. But hey, at least it's the summer! And we do have some friends there, plus...hello...it's a job. J-O-B. Anyone checked out the numbers lately? Say it with me. "JOB."

What are you going to do?
Bake cookies, of course. HA! Not. I have been thinking about doing some handicraft kind of REAL Simple Martha Stewart Etsyware, but the majority of my time will be spent working for my marketing/PR clients and continuing to do some freelance writing (look for the my most recent articles in BG's latest magazine and BizLex's upcoming April 30 issue). If I have extra time, I think I'm going to revert to high school and get a mall job. MALL JOB! Discount, baby. Discount. Bookstore, Williams-Sonoma, Banana Republic. Yeah, baby. Oh, and speaking of babies (ha, gotcha again), our dear friends Phillip and Josie are expecting their first and I'm looking forward to being close to them during this exciting time.

So, you're leaving again? 
Yup, but that's no big surprise. I've been prepared to leave basically since we came back to Lexington. It does hurt that I've been enjoying so much great time with my bestest girlfriends (here and in Indy), but at least we made the most of it. Oh, and it's Keeneland time. Ouch. That's so not fair. C'est la vie. Also, with the work I've picked up, it will be necessary for me to get back here often, probably every other week or so.

How...?
OH, yes. So excited. We are about to be a gas-guzzling TWO CAR FAMILY! I mean, that's up from one which is up from a 2/9 share which is up from 0. Don't try to guilt me, I'm going to enjoy this. Whoopee! Freedom! NPR! (Not that I don't love that unique blend of rap and country tunes - kiss kiss, babe).

What else? 
Jacob and I have been spending a bit of time working on my house downtown (where his sister and her friends live), which has been so teasingly fun. I get so excited thinking about one day when the house we work on and own will be the house in which we live. But it's also fun to always have a new change, a new challenge and a new norm. And so, on to that we move next...

wish us luck!

1 comment: