Monday, April 12, 2010

Ironing out the details

It's a beautiful Kentucky spring day and one of the last I'll have full access to until who knows when. I should probably be outside enjoying it, except I'm inside, obsessing over the details of our next set of unknowns.

Jacob left this morning, headed to Cleveland, and away from me - at least until I can get all my ducks in a row (ok, our ducks) and join him. It just about broke my heart this morning, watching him drive away, which is a funny thing since the first 7 months of our relationship we were hardly together.


Anyway, the point is, there are so many things not done yet - here, in Cleveland - and I don't know how to get them all done, but I don't want to waste time. So, last night, I took on the role of laundress and had to prep Jacob with a wardrobe of suitable attire for any situation to last him for however long it takes for me to  get up there.

What happened was, the obsession just didn't stop and I think I've ironed every piece of clothing iron-able. I've never had such flat clothes in all my life. Flat tshirts, jackets, dresses, skirts, scarves. I may not have all the details handled, but you could say they've been ironed.

No comments:

Post a Comment