Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding Gift, wedding gift, where are you?

I have so many fab wedding gifts. I have no idea why people got us such cool stuff. Or why they got us presents at all. I'm thankful, though. Piles of notecards that nearly exhausted my stationary stash thankful (except for my amazing girlfriends who gave me a stationary shower to help replenish the stock of paper goods that feed my fetish). 

You can find Match at one of my fave Lexington boutiques, Mulberry+Lime on N Limestone

There are some things that I will have no trouble using - like my beautiful Match accessories (also a special shower given by other girlfriends who pitched in and got gorgeous pewter candlesticks). There are other things that I may have to push myself to incorporate. I feel like I took a step with the torch (FIRE!), and now I'm not scared of it and I know how to fill it and I know what butane looks like (you should have seen the look on my mechanically-inclined brother's face when I told him I had to carry my dainty little chef's torch into Menard's to show everyone so they would know what I wanted).

You can find this gem at Williams Sonoma. If you're in Lex, ask for my sister in law. She's the really cute one. 

Even my All-Clad Waffle Iron is a little intimidating. It seriously weighs about 50 lbs and it has a lock on it! a LOCK. Like the waffles are going to check to see if the coast is clear, then hop out and bail. Peace out, waffles. I don't know. I used to cook a lot. I love cooking - I even really enjoy breakfast food, but I didn't cook a lot of breakfast food because, let's face it. Brunch is for late-waking recovery Saturday mornings or fancy Sundays. Neither of those times do I particularly want to cook or do dishes. C'est la vie, though. Marriage changes you, they say, and I guess if that means hosting more brunches it could sure be a lot worse.

Mimosas anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Sooo the lock on the waffle iron is so that when you pick it up by the handle the top will not fly open. Even better for storage purposes. :) love you

    ReplyDelete