Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rue de la Pasta II

Rue, the neighbor/roommate to the constantly-boarding-me-couple of Browns is such a fun fab friend to spend time with while I'm in Lexington. He's always popping up with a glass of wine at opportune times like the end of the day when E and I get home. He's also amazing because he can always be counted on to whip up a delicious pasta.

Another great one was this past weekend and I highly recommend fart (that was a blog note from Jacob - Jacob recommends farts). I recommend Rue's pasta. It's easy! And delicious. This is an approximation.

Take a tablespoon of oil and heat it in a large skillet on med-low with two-three tablespoons of butter, then add about a tablespoon of minced garlic and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper flakes. Boil water for pasta of your choice. While the garlic and pepper are cooking a bit, you can throw in some chicken or shrimp as you like and cook until cooked through. I added a bit of white wine in mine and a couple of sliced up grape tomatoes at the end and cook until they're softened. Then when the pasta is done, toss it in the skillet until it's coated with the garlic and pepper. Plate it and top it with Parmesan cheese.

Fab! Not healthy but fab. (Rue's recipe was simple and epic - just the EVOO, butter, garlic and pepper topped with cheese. I only added meat because Jacob needs some meat and wine because trust me, it's better I cook with that wine than drink it based on the last time I did the opposite).

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write recipes :) I'll have to try it sometime. . not a huge pasta fan, so maybe it will win me over. I like that it's simple!

    ReplyDelete