Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Good Stuff

I talk a lot about my girlfriends - how thankful I am for them, what we've been through together. The epic things and the every days that make life so much more livable. Boyfriends, jobs, husbands, homes, families, food and goofy TV shows, parties, pities, sadness and laughter - help - with the little things about life that break you down and lift you up.

I'm also very thankful for my wonderful husband. He's intelligent and gorgeous and faithful (to God and me) and fun and I love everything about him (even the stuff that drives me crazy). I adore him as a husband and a friend and I love living life with him, but we both need our time to debrief and spend time with our other friends. And so I'm thankful not just for my friends, but for his.

You and Me and the Bottle (of Belgian Trappist Beer) makes three
 
Our big "money date" was dreamed up with this guy, they've terrorized the suitors-to-be of Jacob's sisters, they've driven to the borders together, adventured through Europe and rolled the hills of Rosslare. This guy presented the two most serious questions and contributions from Jacob during our wedding planning: 1-Can I have one Kingsman and the rest Best Men (I was fine with it, I just didn't anticipate it resulting in many of my friends and family asking if "Kingsman" was some kind of "Southern Thing")? 2-Does Matt have to cut his hair (I said no, although he now says maybe he should have...I'm not convinced - look at how well Spain did this year with their euromullets)?

There's just no accounting for a good friend - or hair like that.
 
Point is that, I'm not just thankful for my friends - I'm thankful for Jacob's. For what they add to his life and for the fact that I get to know them, too.

1 comment: