Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Raspberries

I spent tonight indulging in the kind of cocktails that help me believe I'm still a functioning member of the business world. But what about the business class?

I met up with a girlfriend and her colleague for drinks and social hour at the only-in-career-terms-happy hour of about 7:00PM. I enjoyed a gorgeous and tasty champagne concoction (I love the bub, what can I say?) that featured fresh, plump, pink raspberries buoyed on a sea of sparkles laced with liquor.

What, I ask you, what would you do? Faced with the obvious embarrassment of giving in to my epicurean desires to tip up the glass and tap away until the gorgeous fruit was released from the vice-grip of the flute's suction or, well...make a good impression, I chose...

to order another, naturally.

You would, too. Try mixing just about a tsp of the fabulous French Chambord in a flute with your favorite champagne, sparkling wine or prosecco and garnish with one of spring's favorite fruits: raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment