Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Milk...does a body good

One of the great things (most of the time) about our crazy little situation (intermittent work and unusual living arrangements) is that we get to have a lot of time together - I especially love time in the mornings, probably because I enjoy morning time anyway. It's also a time that, once "normal" life (what? what is that?) resumes, we might not have.

So, we do have a little bit of a routine, which involves me getting up and making coffee and usually flipping on the Today Show (I know, I know) and then Jacob comes in and gets a bowl of cereal and we both work on our computers for a little bit.

Recently, I've been reflecting on this little tradition and I've gotten a glimpse of ourselves as a much older version of ourselves (possibly living in our kids' basement instead of my in-laws basement). It's funny because it's true and it involves Jacob persisting with his argument that "there's just nothing better in the morning than a little milk and a little fiber to get you started," explaining why he likes cereal only for breakfast and me continuing to make excuses for watching ridiculous shows like the Today Show's fourth hour with Hoda Kotb and Kathy Lee Gifford (there really is no excuse, btw).

3 comments:

  1. love the Today Show. Except the last part with Hoda and KL I don't like. The 1st 2 hours are the best. Anyway, I'm with you. Coffee and Today Show. Now if only I could exercise at the same time I'd be really productive. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! The Hoda and Kathy Lee hour is UNFORGIVABLY bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Molly! I may feel a little more extreme, as Hoda and Kathy drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete