Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sigh

Provence, though not in its high season (lavender was passed, sunflowers were on their way out), was still a wonderful and relaxing stop during our trip. We stayed in Orange and made sojourns out to Aix-en-Provence, Arles and Avignon. It was beautiful country, and even reminded us a bit of home with the rolling hills, grazing animals and manicured farmlands.

The towns were wonderful, too, full of shops and cafes and markets. Everything was perfect for long walks and long lunches with light cool wines and sighs of contentment.

A few of my favorite shots below, and the web album here!
I love all the menus they have in front of the cafes. I think I photographed just about every one I saw!See? Didn't I say the shopping was great? My adorable husband modeling some French wares in Aix-En-Provence. The Palais de Papas in Avignon, where the Papacy was housed for about 70 years during a time of unrest in Rome. Arles, one of the towns we visited, was home to Cezanne and Van Gogh during many of their (maybe unpopular, but) productive painting years. I loved these horses. There was even a little track that the kids could race them on, and a leaderboard just like Keenelands with chalk lines for the finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment