Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Palmetto State

My first trip to South Carolina was a wonderfully spontaneous trip with my mom and dad just after Christmas a few years ago. Dad and I, in typical form, were itching to get somewhere - anywhere especially away from the cold. Mom, in typical form, was sweetly grudging in her limited protest and eventual acquiescence.

We hopped in the car and drove and drove, through the beautiful routes of which I've become so fond. Those mid-South to Southern foothill treelined roads full of mist and green smells. We listened to repeats of TV shows on satellite radio and quizzed each other on the holy grail of Sabatino existence: trivia.

I don't remember what all we quizzed on, but one question he asked me that I got which totally threw him was what is the South Carolina state motto?

And now look at me...headed down there for good the next few months. Signing off for a few days while we pack up the truck and move it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment