Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Biz Buzz

My former employer, Smiley Pete, keeps in its stable my former publications, The Chevy Chaser and The Southsider, as well as Lexington's Business Journal, Business Lexington. I absolutely love this whole group and am so thankful that I can continue working and writing for them.

These are the latest:
Tarter, a Dunville, KY-based company is the largest producer of animal management and farm equipment in North America. I had a blast spending an afternoon with great-grandson of the founder, Keith Tarter. These guys are truly 100% country, 100% Kentucky and 100% impressive. Believe me, driving into middle-of-seemingly-nowhere-Kentucky, I was not expecting what I found there. Read it here.

And, yes, between Elisabeth and another gf who works at a law firm, I feel like I sort of own a little bit of legal knowledge. So, here's an article that is a perfect showcase of one reason I (heart) writing so much: I get to learn about new things! Did you know you can hire a lawyer and NOT have to pay $250/hour straight up? It's true! Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment