Saturday, May 16, 2009

From Amman to Oman

Daily Report
Sunny, cloudless, 111 degrees

I will admit, freely, that when Jacob suggested heading to Jordan for one of our breaks in school and work, I was not excited. You see, the weather was heating up, taxis were fewer and further between and I'd had a few I'm-sick-of-living-in-a-dusty-desert-town moments. I think my exact words were, "It's just that, the though of going to another middle eastern country doesn't really sound like a break to me right now. It kind of makes me want to puke."

I couldn't have been more wrong (and certain people love to hear me say that!). The weather in Jordan was gorgeous and cool, but sunny, the sights were more than I expected and the people were great. As I sit here, downloading photos to post and contemplating our wonderful trip, my dear husband is adhering duct-tape to the cracks between wall and A/C unit to keep out the hot dusty desert air that greeted us when we returned. Home, sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment