Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You say goodbye and I say hello

It just doesn't seem right that we're already making rounds to say goodbye. It's been way too short, but it's also been pretty amazing...and, it's not over yet.

One thing I've been thinking about since we arrived in Lexington is my former life. My sweet little Chevy Chase Bungalow is about to be rented to my sister in law, I stopped by my old office and visited my successor at work and lunched with my boss from another former job (in fact, my replacement for that position just friended me on facebook!). It's like a changing of the guard in my own life! It's hard not to look at things and wonder, "where did my life go?".

The good thing is that, though the lives of friends and families move on as we're out of pocket in "the deserts of Africa," as my girlfriends still refer to our sometimes-location-unknown-status, with them is one place I don't feel like my old life is blowing kisses to me from the VIP entrance to a hip club whilst I stand in line.

We've had parties, cookouts, dinners, movies, concerts, card games, hikes, adventures, chats, coffees, engagements (2!), late-nights, couch time and cleanups (mostly at my house and the home of the in-laws, recently renovated).

So, we'll go on the next few days making the most of this time and head to Cleveland next weekend to visit some growing-up friends' of Jacob and then on to Indy for the final days, which will be anything but boring.

Michael will host a bonfire Saturday evening and then we'll head to the airport on Sunday to greet the new Taylor family, comprising Sarah, Travis and Mia! Check out the updates at their blog.

The maybe bestest news of the morning is that we just got a call from Murphy's and our camera is back from the digicam hospital. Yay! We'll have only a few days to make up for lost time, but it'll be just in time for the trip to France!

Oh, and a little shout out to the Browns, who have lent us their beautiful West Lexington home in which to play house (complete with wonderful dog, Bama) while they are vacationing in the Greek Isles.

1 comment:

  1. What?? No post about the fabulous Arabian Nights Palooza that I spent 90 hard minutes getting ready for after spending 6 months thinking about. Geez, some impression that event made. You just become a pebble on some people's highway of life. Oh well, I'll still show up at Al Jimi Mall in Al Ain(I'm banned from Oman) this December just to see if the lady at the Starbucks counter still remembers me.

    ReplyDelete