Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things to come

As Jacob and I touched down in Dubai about a week ago and began the most recent transition to life in Oman and UAE, I realized that the vacation is over. I started understanding that this last flight in a series of many, this last search for a place to stay, this last group of people to meet and befriend...this is the closest thing to reality and normal life we'll have during our year plus journey. It was both curious and comforting that this place of contrasts and confluence of cultures, of barren and bustling city areas would be home.


I've always loved change in a certain way. Mainly the excitement of possibility, the new, the anticipation of what could be, so these few weeks (nearly two months) have been an entirely stimulating and exhilirating time. Marriage and adjusting to it (it's wonderful, by the way), living out of suitcases, exploring new places and cultures (however aggressive they may be-Morocco!), lots of photographs, memories, stories. It's all been the engine of this vehicle.


I never in my life imagined that when I came "home" from my honeymoon it would be to a small flat in a building just off an unmarked and dusty road in the middle of the desert (now you can say it, girls, now I am truly in the desert!), but it is. Then again, I never in my life imagined what being married would be like, that I would spend the rest of my life with the most amazing, smart, wonderful and handsome man. I also never imagined I'd be the one going on and on about a man, but hey, what else can you do about a guy who takes you to Rome for your first Valentine's Day? Speaking of which, check out a few of the photos here:


More to come on the new surroundings soon...

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a blog reader, however, I have to admit, I've read yours more than I've ever read anyone's blog in my life. :) I'm glad things are going well for you and Jacob. I'm also glad to see you're enjoying yourself and marriage and getting to see the world. (I'm jealous! heheh) Your wedding pics are gorgeous! You two are a beautiful couple. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Keep in touch!

    ~Ashley Frost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anne and Jacob!!!! I love the blog. I am just now figuring it out. I love the pics and all the updates. Really miss you! love mom

    ReplyDelete